Baby's Basket is the 'baby bank' for Lincolnshire serving the whole of the county. Our focus is on helping babies newborn to 3 months so the items we need are those suitable for this age range. If you have queries about any item on these lists please contact us.
Yes please, we take ...
- Baby slings – preferably with instructions
- Baths and bath supports – please ensure the plug accompanies the bath
- Bedding – flat and fitted sheets, mattress protectors for cots and Moses baskets
- Blankets – for moses baskets or cots. If you are knitting blankets for us please see this page
- Bottles and teats – new only please
- Breast pads – open packs of individually wrapped pads accepted
- Breast feeding cushions
- Breast pumps - NEW manual only
- Cot mobiles – please ensure they are in working order
- Clothing – premature to 3 months only please
- Moses baskets – with or without covers. Please remove the old mattress as every basket we gift is provided with a new mattress to help reduce the risk of cot death
- Moses basket stands – if you have dismantled the stand please ensure all parts are securely attached to the frame
- Nappies – Size 1 or 2 only. Open packs accepted
- Nappy change bags
- Nappy change mats – no rips or tears in plastic please
- Playmats/playgyms – please clean before donating
- Sleeping bags – 0-6 months only please
- Sterilisers – microwave and cold water only
- Swaddle or baby wraps
- Toiletries – baby wash, shampoo, and baby wipes – unopened please. Own brands are very acceptable. No baby oil, lotion, talc or cottonwool please
- Towels – baby towels in good condition please
- Toys – CE marked small toys only please. If the toy you are donating is battery operated please ensure it is in working order
Before you donate ...
It would be a real help if clothes, bedding and toys you donate to us are recently laundered (they don't need to be ironed as all clothes are ironed before being packed in our baskets) but if laundering isn't practical for you please don't worry. If you leave your donation at one of our donation points a label in each bag to say 'washed' saves us washing it again ... Thank you.
If you aren't sure whether something is in good enough condition, a good benchmark would be: If I received this, would I be happy to give it to my baby? If so, we are happy to receive it for our baskets. We believe that every baby deserves the best we can give them; we also want the recipients of our baskets to feel they are receiving a gift from one mum to another.
Sorry, we don't take ...
Unfortunately we can't take these items because we either don't have the storage facilities, our insurance doesn't cover us, or they aren't appropriate to babies 0-3 months.
- Baby boxes – e.g. those issued by NHS or Baby Box University
- Books – we take books for babies but not books on pregnancy, childcare, parenting or self-help topics
- Bouncer chairs and door bouncers
- Used breast pumps
- Car seats
- Cots including travel cots and toddler beds
- Cot-bumpers and quilts
- Electrical items with plugs
- Formula and baby food
- Maternity clothing
- Used mattresses
- Prams and pushchairs
- Safety Items of any kind
- Toys not labelled with CE mark, handmade and large stuffed toys
Older baby, toddler, and maternity clothes, pushchairs, bouncy chairs etc can be taken to the Bridge Community Venue Bracebridge, Lincoln (Opening hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am to 4.00pm). If you are unsure about the suitability of any donation please phone the Bridge on 01522 530730 first.
You could also ask at your local Children's Centre if they can make use of items we can't use.
If you have a cot you wish to donate, it can be taken to the Restore Furniture Project based at Alive Church, Lincoln. Please phone 01522 542166 before you visit.